Some of the legal issues that you will need to consider include:
- Fuel supply contracts, which may need to be long-term, especially for larger projects needing large feedstock supplies, or from a potentially limited source. Waste is only waste if nobody wants it. Today’s low-value waste streams could be tomorrow’s high-value commodity if new markets and competing end-uses are found for them.
- Liability and penalties for failure to supply feedstocks.
- Grid connection agreements with your local power distributor.
- Power purchase agreements, (PPA’s) with electricity retailers.
- Registering your generator with the NEM - for generators over 5 MW.
- Licensing and approvals from the DPCD and the Environment Protection Authority.
- Other state and local government environmental and planning approvals.